Do you ever have a hankering for a delicious margarita? Salt up those thick rimmed glasses, prop up your feet and find the sun! This delicious snack is perfect to accompany your libations. Read on for my Homemade Tomatillo Salsa recipe, you might want to make a double batch, your friends will snap it up!
Homemade Tomatillo Salsa
What you’ll need:
1 lb tomatillos
3 garlic cloves
1 small onion
1/4 lb green chile peppers
1/4 sweet peppers (I prefer the miniatures)
1 small jalapeno
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 fresh cup lime juice
What you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Remove the husks and stems from the tomatillos, peel the garlic and onion and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Add green chile peppers, sweet peppers, and jalapeno to baking sheet, all whole.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes until all ingredients are charred and softened.
4. Peel, stem and seed the green chile peppers, sweet peppers and jalapeno peppers.
5. Add all roasted ingredients to a good processor, and in spices, vinegar and lime juice and blend until desired consistency is reached. I prefer it slightly chunky, reminiscent of your favorite Mexican restaurant!
*Serve with restaurant style chips, and some homemade guacamole- take some ripe avocados, fresh lime juice, salt, pepper and a fork, combine, done.
Does anyone have a great homemade chip recipe they can share to pair with this dip?!
Also, I wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to my dear friend Natalie!!