I love magic bars, and I love mint chocolate! I took inspiration from my favorite Girl Scout Cookie, the Thin Mint, and created a fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day snack to echo those flavors. I found mint M&Ms on Amazon and thought they would be perfect to get that minty flavor of a Thin Mint cookie. I used chocolate grahams in place of regular to mimic the chocolatey cookie goodness of Thin Mints. Using mini chocolate chips that melt up all ooey gooey really gives that chocolate covered Thin Mint vibe!
Minty Leprechaun Magic Bars
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 sleeve (9 whole) chocolate graham crackers
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup mint M&Ms
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup shredded coconut
A sprinkling of edible shamrocks, green sprinkles or green sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees, add graham crackers to food processor and pulse into crumbs.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter in a mixing bowl. Press into bottom of your 9″x11″ baking pan.
3. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb layer. The milk will spread out on its own.
4. Add mint M&Ms to the food processor and pulse a few times to break the candy down. My bag contained green, white and red M&Ms, and you can remove the red ones if you’d like, but once they were ground up, they weren’t noticeable.
5. Layer evenly with M&Ms crumbles, chocolate chips, coconut and shamrocks on top. Add a few extra whole green and white M&Ms to really bring home the minty goodness and festive colors!
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool, then cut into bars or bit sized squares! Store covered at room temperature.
I found the mint M&Ms and shamrocks on Amazon (links below), but you can always pick up regular M&Ms, since they look like a leprechaun’s rainbow! To get the minty flavor, add a few drops of mint extract to your cookie crumbs!
I hope you enjoy this super easy and festive St Patty’s Day treat!