Mmmm bacon and eggs. Hey, sometimes you just want breakfast for dinner. And sometimes you want something a bit more sophisticated. Bacon and eggs over pasta! That is basically what Carbonara Pasta is, and it couldn’t be simpler. As soon as I figured out how quick, easy and delicious it was, it became one of my new go-to meals. It also reheats well for lunch time leftovers. This is a must-make dish!
Easy Carbonara Pasta
1 pound dry spaghetti
4 large eggs
6-8 slices of bacon, cubed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. The saltier the better, it will really flavor the pasta. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water, then drain.
2. While the pasta is cooking, sauté the bacon in a pan until it is crispy and browned. Drain and set aside.
3. Whisk the eggs and the cheese together in a bowl until well-combined. Set aside.
4. Add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water and bacon to the pan and toss for a few seconds.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and add the egg mixture while stirring quickly. The eggs will thicken and cook, but stirring quickly will prevent scrambled eggs!
6. Season with lots of black pepper, serve the pasta up and eat it right away!
Deeeelish! Whip this up for a sophisticated breakfast for dinner recipe, or even an afternoon brunch! Enjoy!