Hi there! While I am currently on a blogging vacation, I decided to have some of my favorite bloggy friends join me here on SnapGinger with their own contributions. I love reading their blogs and I know you will too! Today I have Janelle from The Peaceful Haven sharing a delightful granola recipe- yum! Enjoy!
I am so excited to be writing a guest post for Snap Ginger! Which just happens to be one of my favorite blogs!
I’m Janelle and I am the grateful wife of Michael and homeschooling mother of six amazing children and author of the book CHOSEN: One Family’s Journey with Autism.
I am thrilled to present you with a scrumptious allergy friendly granola recipe! This recipe is Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Paleo and GAPS friendly.
This delectable recipe is an easy and quick breakfast or lunch that your can make ahead and store for weeks. I love to have granola on hand to top off yogurt or serve as cereal. I even use this delicious granola recipe to sprinkle over homemade Apple Crisp…YUM!
An added benefit is that everyone I have ever served this granola to has LOVED it…even if they did not have any allergies. That makes this recipe a keeper in my book!
GRAIN FREE GRANOLA
Serves 6 – 8
1 1/2 cups raw pepitas
1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup soaked chia seeds (soak seeds in water for 15 minutes and then drain)
1 tsp. salt
1 TBS. gluten-free vanilla
1 TBS. cinnamon
1 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup peanut butter or cashew butter or almond butter
1 cup of dried fruit (our favorite is dried currants or dried or fresh apples)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two large jelly roll pans with parchment paper.
3. On low heat in a large soup pot, melt the honey, coconut oil and peanut butter together. Once melted turn heat up to medium heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling keep on simmering for 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Pour all other ingredients (EXCEPT dried fruit) into the peanut butter mixture and mix well. I like to use a large rubber spatula to mix.
5. Spread the granola mixture onto the two parchment lined jelly roll pans. Bake for 5 minutes then stir and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes stirring as needed.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool add your dried fruit and store in a large glass container.
Our favorite way to have this granola is on plain yogurt sweetened with pure maple syrup…HEAVENLY!